Pathway Connectivity Project
Past Posts on the Pathway Project
IMPORTANT: THE PPNA HAS PROPOSED A NEW ALTERNATIVE ROUTE FOR THE PATHWAY THAT WOULD RUN NORTH/SOUTH ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF THE MILLWELL SUBDIVISION. THE NEW PROPOSED ROUTE CONNECTS THE EAST END OF BARON AVENUE TO THE WEST END OF SAXTON AVENUE. THIS ALTERNATIVE ROUTE WILL DIRECT FOOT TRAFFIC TO THE END OF SAXTON AVENUE RATHER THAN HAMMERMILL DRIVE AND WILL KEEP FOOT TRAFFIC LOCALIZED TO SAXTON AVENUE. IT WILL ALSO PROTECT THE SANCTITY OF THE GREEN SPACE AFFORDED BY THE DRAINAGE AREA IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE MILLWELL SUBDIVISION. THE PPNA HAS PROPOSED THIS ALTERNATIVE ROUTE IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO THE THE CONCERNS IT HAS HEARD FROM RESIDENTS OF THE MILLWELL SUBDIVISION. WHILE FUNDING FOR THE NEW ROUTE HAS NOT BEEN GRANTED BY THE CITY, THE PPNA IS CONFIDENT FUNDING COULD BE ATTAINED IF THE MILLWELL HOA WERE WILLING TO GRANT AN EASEMENT FOR THE NEW ROUTE.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW ROUTE OR OTHER PATHWAY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE PPNA THROUGH ITS FACEBOOK PAGE OR BY EMAILING US AT email@example.com.
WALKING PATHWAY OVERVIEW
One of the largest grants given by the City
- This path is one of the largest grants, if not the largest grant, the city has ever given a neighborhood association ($136,000).
Beautify the neighborhood
- The walking path will have lighting to provide aesthetic appeal to the path area.
- The walking path will be concrete, which is aesthetically pleasing, lower maintenance, stronger, and more resilient than blacktop.
- The city grant for the pathway provides a way to improve the Millwell drainage area without the residents having to pay for improvements themselves.
Will provide residents with access to amenities
- This walking path will allow residents to access amenities that are otherwise only accessible via State Street. Such amenities include:
- Reel Theater
- Residents will not be liable for any accidents or incidents that may occur on the pathway. See Idaho Code Section 36-1604.
- Legal costs have been included in the grant award.
Here are some maps we’ve put together to show the improved pedestrian distances this pathway will provide from East to West and vice versa:
Click below for details on the pathway’s preliminary specifications and to see letters of support granted to the Neighborhood Association as well as other documentation.
NEW ALTERNATIVE ROUTE FOR THE PATHWAY
Sample Pathway Design
Letter of Support Boise Valley Irrigation Ditch Co.
Letter of Support Ada County Drainage District No. 2
Connectivity Pathway Grant – Full
Letter of Support Millwell Developer
Letter of Support Neighbor on Baron Ave
Pathways budget (1)
Letter of Support ACHD
October 18, 2017 PPNA Annual Meeting Minutes
Zoom Out Map Showing Path in Neighborhood
City of Boise Approval of Millwell Subdivision Plat Recommending Pedestrian Path
ACHD Approval of Millwell Subdivision Plat Recommending Pedestrian Path
Letter from Millwell Residents Claiming Signatures in Support are Invalid